Terms and Conditions
To ensure your piece of mind when using our service, please read our terms and conditions below.
Terms and Conditions:
Under which we operate can only be varied with the agreement of the customer and The Transporter Removals Midlands Ltd.
In confirming a booking with The Transporter Removals Midlands Ltd you are acknowledging your agreement with the following terms and conditions.
The quotation will remain open for a period of 60 days from the date of the quotation. After then it shall be treated as having been automatically withdrawn.
Our quote covers a delay on handover of keys up to 3pm. After 3pm an additional £75 hourly charge.
All quotations are made with best intention and any estimates of how long a job will take, and hence the costs, are estimates only. Although we quote a fixed price, we reserve the right to amend it or make additional charges if any of the following have not been considered when preparing the quotation: –
- The quantity of goods has increased
- The work being undertaken on a weekend or public holiday.
- Collection or delivery other than to the ground or first floor of a property.
- The entrance or exit to the premises, stairs, lifts, or doorways are inadequate for free movement of the goods without mechanical equipment or structural alteration, or the approach, road or drive is unsuitable for our vehicles to load and/or unload within 20 meters of the doorway.
- Any parking or other fees or charges that we have to incur and pay in order to carry out the services you require. In all these circumstances you will be responsible for the extra charges.
2: Work Excluded from the quotation
The Transporter reserves the right to refuse removal of items from parts of premises which, in the opinion of our staff, constitute a health and safety risk to either himself or other persons.
If our staff concludes that the work cannot be carried out without damage to property or possessions, but you (the customer) wish for the work to be undertaken you take full responsibility for the damage and therefore waive any right to claim against our insurance.
- Unless previously agreed in writing we will not: –
- Dismantle or assemble unit-furniture (flat-pack), fittings or fitments
- Disconnect or reconnect appliances, fittings or equipment.
- Remove or lay fitted floor coverings.
- Take down or re-hang curtains, blinds or other window coverings.
- Clear driveways or other access areas (at either collection or delivery address) from snow or ice or other materials.
- Dismantle any garden equipment such as sheds, out houses (wooden or plastic), trampolines swings climbing frames, or any other garden-based items.
- Removal from and to garages, gardens and out houses more than 10 metres from our removal
3: Goods not to be submitted for removal
The following items are specifically excluded from this contract and will not be removed: –
- Any goods that require a special licence.
- Any goods that require government permission to import or export.
- Any potentially dangerous, damaging or explosive items, including gas bottles, aerosols, canisters, paints, firearms and ammunition.
- Any jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones or metals, mobile telephones, money, deeds, securities, stamps, coins, or goods or other similar collectable items.
- Any goods likely to encourage vermin or other pests or to cause infection.
- Any food or drink that is, or need to be, refrigerated or frozen.
- Any animals and their cages or tanks including pets, reptiles, birds, fish, plants.
- Prohibited or stolen goods, drugs, medication or illegal goods.
- Any Furs, perfumery, wines, spirits, tobacco, cigars, cigarettes, foodstuffs or perishable goods.
Such goods will not be removed by us except without prior written agreement. If you submit such goods without our knowledge and prior written agreement, we will not be liable for any loss or damage to those items whatsoever.
4:Undertaking the Removal
We will undertake the removal with professional care and skill and taking reasonable account of all the circumstances. However, we specifically reserve the right to undertake the removal in manner that we think appropriate including:
- Sub-contracting all or part of the job to another removal or storage company.
- Choosing the route, we think is most effective, and using such vehicles and methods of transport and./or storage as we believe are appropriate.
- This does not however affect our responsibilities under this contract to take care of your goods and to provide the services within the appropriate timescales.
It is your sole responsibility to: –
- Declare to us the proper value of the Goods.
- Obtain at your expense all documents necessary for the removal to be completed.
- Be present yourself or appoint a representative at the departure and destination points to ensure that nothing is removed or left in error or is left in the wrong room.
- Prepare adequately and stabilise all appliances prior to their removal. Other than by reason of our negligence we will not be liable for any loss or damage, costs or additional charges that may arise from any of these matters.
- Ensure access is good and we can park within 20 metres of the pickup point. Pay for any parking or meter charges incurred by us in carrying out the work unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- Dismantle goods and disconnect all appliances and electronic equipment.
- Ensure that the fridge freezer, deep freezers are defrosted and emptied before transportation, we do not pack and /or transport refrigerated or frozen contents.
- Provide us with a correct and up to date contact address and telephone number during removal transit and/or storage of goods.
- Ensure that the Goods or items you have packed are packed properly as the items packed by yourself are not covered under our insurance.
Other than by reason of our negligence or breach of contract, we will not be liable for any loss or damage, costs or additional charges that may arise from failure to discharge these responsibilities.
Our vans are all comprehensively insured for Hire and Reward, plus an additional £10,000 Goods in Transit insurance and £1,000,000 Public Liability insurance.
In line with the terms of our underwriters, the first £250 (excess charge) of any claim is the customers responsibility and will be required in advance to initiate the claim process with our insurance company.
7:Ownership of Goods
By entering into this contract, you confirm to us that: –
- The Goods are your own property; or
- You have the authority of the owner of the property to make this contract in respect of the Goods.
- You will be responsible to pay for any claim for damages and/or costs against either of the above if this proves to be untrue.
If you postpone or cancel this contract, we may charge according to how much notice you provide prior to the agreed removal date: –
- More than 7 days before the removal was due to start: No charge.
- Less than 7 days before the removal was due to start: 50% of the removal charge.
- On the day the work starts or at any time after the work commences 100% of our charges.
9:Payment of Removal Charges
Unless you have our written agreement to the contrary you must pay our charges, so we have cleared funds in advance of the removal. Unless we agree otherwise, you may not withhold any part of the agreed price. We reserve the right to terminate this contract if payment is not received before the removal date, and not to carry out any services quoted for. Failure to comply with our payment terms will also mean that the Goods are not insured.
10:Our liability for loss or damage
We do not know the value of your goods therefore we limit our liability to a fixed limit per items. If we lose or damage your Goods, if we are liable, we will pay you up to a maximum of £40.00 sterling for each item which is lost or damaged, to cover the cost of repairing or replacing that item. In this respect an item is defined as any one article, suite, pair, set, complete case, package, carton or other container.
We may choose to repair or replace the damaged or lost item. However, if we choose to repair the item, we will not be liable for any depreciation in value.
Other than because of our negligence, we will not be liable for any loss, damage or failure to deliver the Goods if it is caused by any of the following circumstances:
- Fire howsoever caused/ War, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), civil war, terrorism, rebellion and/or military coup, Act of God,
- Leakage or evaporation or from perishable or unstable Goods. This includes Goods left within furniture or appliances.
- Cleaning, repairing or restoring unless we did the work.
- Moth or vermin or similar infestation.
- Electrical or mechanical derangement to any appliance, instrument or equipment unless there is evidence of external impact.
Additionally, we will not be liable for any loss of or damage to:
- The goods that occur before we have taken possession, custody control of the goods.
- The goods that occur after we have delivered or handed over the goods to you or to a party nominated by you.
- Any goods that have not been both packed and unpacked by us. This includes goods packed in wardrobes, drawers or appliances, or in a package, bundle, case or other container.
- Jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones or metals, money, deeds, securities, stamps, coins, or goods or collections of a similar kind, unless you have previously given us full information including value, and we have confirmed in writing that we will accept responsibility.
- Goods which have a relevant proven defect or are inherently defective.
- Goods which have normal wear and tear, gradual deterioration, scratching, marking or denting.
Most of items we move are not brand new and it is not possible to make a note of scratches or the current condition of every item which is the reason why scratches, marks, dents are not covered in the insurance.
Self-packed items: It is the customers responsibility that adequate packaging and materials have been used for self-packing. Unless they have been professionally packed by us. We do not accept liability for any damage or breakages of items packed by yourself inside boxes, bags, trunks, suitcases. This is not covered in our insurance.
11:NOTIFICATION OF CLAIMS & TIME LIMITS FOR CLAIMS
In cases where we deliver goods you must notify us of any visible loss, damage or failure to produce any goods at the time of delivery.
If we do not deliver then you must notify us of any visible loss, damage or failure to produce any goods at the time when you, or your representative, take possession of the goods.
All claims for loss or damage to goods must be notified to us in writing within 7 days of delivery of the goods.